Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A few quick shots.

Morning temp: 55F
Afternoon high: 86F
Tonight's projected low: 56F
Humidity: 37%
Wind: SE at 8 mph
Moon: Waxing, 40%

Gateway.



Goddess & God in fading sunlight.



"Butcrunch" Lettuce & Cauliflower



Winter Garlic



Another Squash Emerging




This Afternoon, as of 5:30pm.

1. My friend KP and I have spent the day helping my family move their business office across town, and now, with one of our autos in the shop, I'm getting ready to drive M to work (she works the night to morning shift). So, I won't get into the Garden until dusk probably. There will at least be time for some watering. I'll also be getting up early, to go and get M at 7:00am (she works very hard), and so no doubt I'll have a good many hours for.... something important outside.

This Evening, as of 7:30pm.

1. I think these "busy day" entries are important because they suggest that, even during those times when we are unable to give our Suburban Homestead our full attention, the Garden continues to grow and the Homestead is always here upon our return. We'll be putting this to a greater test in June, while KP and I are off to Key West, Florida to do a two week long construction & renovation project, and again in September while M and I are in India and Nepal. Somehow, this helps me get my mind around our upcoming Big Move to Upstate New York, which might be as early as next April. With all the work M and I have put into our Suburban Homestead, we are reluctant to leave. But just as our current Homestead will be here when we return from one trip or another, we can built an entirely new one in New York when we go. 120 acres in the Allegheny Mountains! Forests, fields, plenty of spring water & no mortgage. The pull is indeed strong.

No comments: