Monday, May 14, 2007

Bye Bye Moon

Morning temp: 60F
Afternoon high: 76F
Tonight's projected low: 51F
Humidity: 77%
Moon: Waning, 7%
Wind: E at 13 mph
Overall: Orgasmically beautiful day : o

1. It's the end of another Lunar cycle, and a good time to consider what things (if any) we desire to bring to a close. This would make an interesting experiment, linking our thinking to Lunar cycles. As our Moon slips away to nothing, what do we wish to let go, and as it returns fresh and new, what do we wish to grow, build, develop? In J. R. R. Tolkien's The Silmarillian, the creation of the Moon brought the first Light to the Elves living in Middle Earth. This in turn caused Morgoth (an immensely evil and powerful being who created Orcs, Goblins, Trolls and all sinister creatures, and who taught Sauron most of what he knew) and his minions to quake in fear and hide from the faint, silvery Moonlight. I'm not certain what this mythology teaches us, but it certainly feels like a powerful tale to me.

2. Well, there's much to do today both inside and out. Fortunately, I feel very good. In fact, I'm approaching 210lbs., and fitting into clothing I haven't worn in years. Thank you Dr. Day (http://www.drday.com/) for your dietary and lifestyle teachings!!! I hope to get down to 200lbs. by the end of May (with 175lbs. my ideal weight). Please feel free to picture me this way - the energy of your efforts will help - and I'll certainly return the favor for anyone who wishes it!

No comments: